Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
This deep wine colour is surprisingly flattering all over your face. Here’s how to make it look seamless—not scary.
For the longest time, burgundy makeup was relegated to lips-only territory. And even then, it was labelled as goth or Halloween-style. But when red makeup started to pop up on the runway and the red carpet, it was only a matter of time before makeup trends shifted and burgundy makeup got its moment in the sun. And it was worth the wait, because this colour lends both elegance and edge. Here’s a burgundy makeup tutorial that will work for everyone.
Burgundy Makeup 101
Here are three ways you can add rich burgundy to your makeup look. Try it on your lashes, eyelids or lips for a runway-inspired fall look.
Here’s a burgundy makeup tutorial with Mariam from @Rahmanbeauty.
Burgundy makeup for beginners:
Is the above look a bit too dramatic for your taste? Here are a few ways you can sample the trend without diving in too deep:
● On the lashes: For a subtle yet powerful look, do your makeup as you normally would but swap your black mascara for a burgundy mascara.
● Mix a burgundy matte lipstick with a creamy nude lipstick for a hint of burgundy without the intensity.
● Swipe on a clear lip balm and then dab some matte burgundy lipstick on top with your finger to create a subtle French-girl lip stain.
● Instead of tight-lining your eyes with black eyeliner, change it up and use deep burgundy. Only those who really look into your eyes will notice the difference!
● Build slowly. Try a mascara and an eyeliner in a burgundy shade for a few days at first, and then ease into the burgundy eyeshadow. After a couple of days, take it to the next level and add matte lipstick for a complete burgundy makeup look.
Burgundy makeup rules
1. Burgundy is a beautiful shade that is considered both warm and cool. Because of its dual nature, it works well on all skin tones—from the fairest complexions to the deepest skin tones.
2. Burgundy is bold—so take your time and use caution when applying it. It can go from gorgeous to garish if it’s applied in a slapdash, rushed fashion.
3. Burgundy pairs beautifully with caramel, navy blue, black, beige and, most beautifully, gold.
Even though burgundy makeup is bold and intense, it’s also refined and glamorous. So the next time you’re in the mood to spice up your makeup for a night out or a special event, put that classic cherry red lipstick down and try a burgundy hue instead!
You have just asked to unsubscribe to our newsletter
on the follow email: email@example.com
To confirm, please click on ‘unsubscribe’ link