You always bring the drama when it comes to your beauty look. From sultry eyes to statement lips, here’s how to recreate this daring makeup in just seven steps.
Dramatic, bold, unconventional. These are all words that describe the edgy woman’s beauty philosophy. If it’s new and exciting, you want to know about it, and you’ll try any makeup trend once—within reason! You’ve had every hair colour under the sun and rocked every lipstick hue in the rainbow. You’re a risk-taker who’s not afraid to stand out, and you think beauty rules are meant to be broken—which is exactly why you’re the perfect candidate for this sexy, strong makeup look. It used to be taboo to combine smoky eyes with statement lips, but you wouldn’t think twice about pairing L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Enjoy with heavy eye makeup. Some women would shy away from a shade like I Enjoy, a deep almost-black burgundy, but you wear it as effortlessly as your friends wear lip balm. Here’s how to achieve this edgy lip look in seven straightforward steps.
- Start with a flawless complexion to ensure that your lips and eyes steal the show. Use your fingers or a beauty blender to apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Foundation all over your face. Feel free to build up the coverage where you need it most. Three oil absorbers keep shine in check, and the special formula is made to resist water and sweat. In other words, this lightweight liquid foundation can handle almost anything.
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer is your BFF when it comes to banishing blemishes and dark undereye Plus, this highly pigmented concealer is built to last (up to 24 hours, to be exact) without fading or flaking. Pro tip: You can also use this product on your body to cover up bruises, veins and stretch marks.
- To recreate this sultry smoky eye, use an eyeshadow brush to apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow in Silver Sky all over your lid, stopping just above the crease. Next, apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow in Eternal Black in the crease, and brush the colour slightly up and out to create a cat-eye effect. Smudge a small amount of Eternal Black under the eye close to the lash line.
- To add extra definition to your eyes, line your top and bottom lids with
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Last Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner in Black. Start in the inner corner of the eye and draw the line outward. Stay as close to the waterline as possible. (This waterproof formula won’t smudge!)
- Fluttery, lush lashes complete this dramatic eye look, and L’Oréal Paris Voluminous X-Fiber Mascara gives the effect of false lashes without the For this two-step process, brush on the innovative black primer to prep lashes, and then add volume and length by applying the mascara.
- Keep your arches in top form with L’Oréal Paris Unbelieva’Brow Longwear Brow Gel. Use the angled brush and/or spoolie to create your desired shape. (Crisp edges are crucial to this look.) This long-lasting gel fills in sparse patches and thickens existing hairs for up to 48 hours of fierceness.
- The exclamation point on this edgy beauty look is deep, dark lips. Slick on L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Enjoy, a blackish-burgundy hue that gives a sexy modern goth vibe. And remember that prep is key to rocking this dramatic lip look: Make sure that your lips are exfoliated and moisturized before you apply the lipstick. Nobody likes flaky lips! Worried about leaving a trail of lip prints wherever you go? Don’t fret—this liquid lip won’t budge, and it’s so lightweight you’ll forget it’s even there.