Feeling flirty? Nothing says romance like glowing skin, sultry eye makeup and sophisticated nude lips. Read on to find out how to nail this soft, pretty date-night look in just eight steps.
Whether you’re planning an exciting first date or celebrating a milestone anniversary, one thing’s for sure: You’re in the mood for love, and you need romantic makeup to match your vibe. Prepping for a big night out is all part of the fun, and products that feel good (and sometimes smell good, too) will get you ready for romance. For instance, the L’Oréal Paris Paradise line is designed with all five senses in mind: The eyeshadows and blushes have a fruity scent, and the lash primer is enhanced with romantic rose oil. In terms of a finished beauty look, understated glamour—think radiant skin, a seductive cat-eye and nude lips—is picture-perfect for any rendezvous. Choose a long-lasting nude lipstick like L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Empower and you won’t be running to the loo to reapply between courses (or kisses!). Here’s how to recreate this soft, romantic makeup in eight easy steps.
- The look of love is all about glowing-from-within skin. Add a couple of drops of a liquid highlighter like L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Amour to your daily moisturizer to create a subtle sun-kissed effect. You can also use this highlighter on its own, over your foundation, to make your cheekbones and Cupid’s bow pop.
- Speaking of foundation, keep the glow going with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Glow Foundation. To cover imperfections and perfect your skin tone, apply foundation to your cheeks, chin and forehead and blend in a circular motion. This lightweight formula delivers a luminous finish that’s never greasy or dull.
- There are so many shades (12, to be exact) and finishes in the L’Oréal Paris Paradise Enchanted Shadow Palette that you can customize your shadow to complement your eye colour, skin tone, etc.—the combinations are almost endless. Choose the matte shadow that most closely matches your skin tone and apply it all over your eye, from lash line to brow bone, using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. Next, select a deeper shadow, a bronze or peach with some shimmer, and apply that in the crease of your eye to add depth to your romantic gaze. Lastly, choose the lightest, most iridescent shadow from the palette and apply it just to the corners of your eyes for a subtly highlighted effect. Bonus: This palette has a fruity scent, which makes it even more fun to play with!
- To create a flirty flick, nothing does the trick like black liquid eyeliner. Are you new to the cat-eye game? L’Oréal Paris Infallible Flash Cat Eye Liner comes with a detachable stencil to help you draw the perfect wing. Pro tip: Clean up your lines with micellar water and a cotton swab once you’re done. It doesn’t have to be flawless the first time around!
- Before applying mascara, prep your lashes with L’Oréal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara Primer. This girlie-pink product is infused with rose oil to help increase lash volume and enhance your mascara’s performance. Pro tip: Let the primer dry completely before applying mascara.
- Casting meaningful glances is much easier when you have long, luxurious lashes. With just one coat of L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara, your eyelashes will be dramatically lengthened and plumped (while remaining feathery and soft to the touch).
- For a healthy, natural-looking flush, apply L’Oréal Paris Paradise Enchanted Blush in Fantastical on the apples of your cheeks. This warm pinkish-orange powder is a pleasure to apply because its texture is velvety soft and it smells like fruit.
- What’s a romantic beauty look without luscious lips? L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Empower is an elegant nude hue that allows the shape of your lips to shine. Plus, this lightweight liquid lipstick has serious staying power: It can outlast a gourmet four-course meal and a goodnight kiss.