Smoky bronze looks good no matter what the occasion. Learn how to get the look with this step-by-step tutorial.
Makeup trends come and go, but one look that never goes out of style is the classic smoky eye with winged eyeliner. Shades of bronze and gold complement all skin tones and are a quick and easy way to make your eyes pop without looking too dramatic.
Jodi Urichuk, L’Oréal Paris Canadian Makeup Artist & Expert, created this sultry look and the good news is that it’s super-easy to recreate for your next big night out. The trick with this look is to blend the eyeshadow out to get a soft, smoky vibe that contrasts with the sharp cat-eye.
This look is neutral enough to wear out on a date or for a girls’ night out, or it can easily be toned down to wear to work. Ready to turn up the glam factor? Follow along with this step-by-step tutorial to get this super-flattering makeup look.
- Start with clean, moisturized skin. Apply L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Glow Lock Primer all over your face, making sure to blend it through your T-zone to ensure that your foundation goes the distance.
- For a flawless complexion, apply a lightweight medium-coverage foundation, focusing on any areas of redness, like around your nose, or darkness under your eyes. Try L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Glow Foundation. This long-lasting formula provides medium coverage while adding a healthy glow.
- If you want a bit more coverage, use L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer under your eyes and on any remaining areas of redness.
- Grab a fluffy blush brush and buff L’Oréal Paris Paradise Enchanted Peach Blush in Charming on the apples of your cheeks to give your skin a healthy flush. Blend it up toward your temples to give your face more of a chiselled appearance.
- This makeup look is all about that sultry, smoky eye. To make your eyeshadows easier to blend and give them a long-wearing boost, apply L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Primer along your upper eyelid with your finger.
- Up next: blending your eyeshadow. Pick up some L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24HR Mono Eyeshadow in Iced Latte with a fluffy eyeshadow brush and blend it all over your eyelid to just above the crease. Using more of the eyeshadow, blend the golden-bronze shade outward for a smoky cat-eye effect.
- Using L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Infallible Flash Cat Eye Liquid Eyeliner, draw a thin line on your top lid, just above your eyelashes. For a foolproof cat-eye every time, use the removable wing stencil that’s built into the cap. Place the stencil on the outer corner of your eye and then draw in your wing. One you’re happy with it, remove the stencil and connect your wing to the lash line you drew previously. Thicken up your lash line to get the desired thickness. A thicker line will give you a more dramatic look.
- Finish off your smoky cat-eye look with a heavy dose of mascara. Curl your lashes and then apply two coats of L’Oréal Paris L’Oréal Paris Unlimited Mascara in Waterproof Blackest Black to your top and bottom lashes. This innovative mascara gives lashes instant lift and length with its unique two-position wand that you can use straight or bent to get a full, fluttery fringe.
- To get defined arches, fill in your brows using L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Definer . This ultra-slim pencil mimics brow hairs to give you full, natural-looking eyebrows in just a few flicks.
- The focus of this makeup look is all about the eyes, but you want to tie it together with a glossy neutral lip. L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Shine in Varnished Rosewood will give your pout a hint of tint without drawing the focus away from your gorgeous smoky cat-eye.