OSHEAGA SINGLE ADMISSION FACEBOOK CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- The TIFF BOOMBOX Party Facebook contest is sponsored by L’Oreal Paris Canada (hereinafter contest sponsors). The contest is open to Toronto and surrounding borough residents and starts on Monday October 23rd at 11AM and closes on Wednesday October 25th at 11PM (ET).
- The contest is open to Toronto residents who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence. Employees, representatives and agents of the contest sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, affiliated and related companies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they live) and household of such employees are not eligible.
How to Enter
- You may enter the contest by:
- Commenting under the TIFF BOOMBOX Party Facebook contest post posted on October 23rd.
- LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. SPONSOR WILL VOID ALL DUPLICATE ENTRIES. IF DECLARED A WINNER, ENTRANT MAY NOT RE-ENTER THE CONTEST OTHERWISE THIS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- There is 1 pair of tickets for the TIFF BOOMBOX Party for November 2nd. Value of $320 CAD per pair. 1 winner will be chosen on Thursday October 26th.
Selection of Winners
- At approximately 9AM (ET) on Thursday October 26th in Montreal, a random draw will be conducted by two L’Oréal Paris team members for the prizes from all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received before the contest closes.
- In order to be declared a winner and be able to claim prize, each person which will have its name drawn randomly will have to:
a) Be reached by a reply to the comment left under the Facebook post within one (1) day following draw and confirm their attendance.
b) The winner will then be contacted in a private message to get their email address in order for the tickets to be sent.
In the event that any one of the conditions mentioned herein is not respected, the selected participant’s entry will be void and a no new draw will be conducted due to time sensitivity.
General Terms and Conditions
- In the event that the contest winner is a minor, a new winner will be chosen.
- All information provided by participant must be complete and accurate. Sponsors will not be held responsible for any and all telephone problems, unclear voice mail messages, a late / incomplete / erroneously sent prize claim. For any and all incomplete, distorted, late and reproduced entry ballot, which will be annulled and will void eligibility for prize claim.
- Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest and to ban the individual from any future contest of the Sponsor that it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- If it is discovered that attempts were made by a registered entrant (or any individual purporting to be a registered entrant) to: (i) enter/vote more than once per registered entrant per day during the contest period. (ii) use any automated, script, macro or robotic program(s) to enter/vote (iii) engage in systematic entering/voting in the same day from the same computer/IP address (including but not limited to the creation of false email addresses or social media accounts); then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, even if the entrant was declared a winner.
- WARNING:ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES IS PERMITTED EXCEPT BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANY PRIZE WITH ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE, IF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED FOR ANY REASON. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH OR CREDIT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters pertaining to the Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable laws. By entering/voting, participants release and hold harmless Sponsors, its affiliated and related companies and advertising, promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won. Winners will be required to sign and return, within the time period indicated on the documents, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release and/or any other document.
- By entering, you consent to Sponsor’s use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, and your testimony without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with the products, this Contest, or future similar contests. By entering, you declare that you have complied with the Contest Rules
- All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrants. If a selected entrant’s entry is an Internet entry, the selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
- The name of the winner will be available under the contest post on L’Oréal Paris Canada’s Facebook page.
- For the purpose of the present contest, the participant is considered to be the person whose coordinates appear on the contest entry form or ballot. It is this person whom will be asked to answer the mathematical skill-testing question. It is also the person to whom the prize will be awarded if all contest conditions are met. Sponsors reserve the right to request a piece of i.d. prior to prize remittance.
Limitations of Liability
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used as stated in the Contest Rules. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each Entrant (and, if the entrant is at least 18 but under the age of majority in his/her province/state/territory of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) for this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsor or the Contest Administrator.
- Without limiting the release, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of e-mail which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in respect of residents of Quebec.
- By participating or attempting to participate in the present contest, all individuals release the contest organizers, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any damage that could be incurred due to their participation or attempted participation in the contest.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeuxfor a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- The masculine gender is used in no discriminatory fashion, simply to facilitate composition.