For the classic woman, trends in fashion and beauty hold no appeal. You crave simplicity and invest in basics that stand the test of time. As far as your personal style is concerned, you keep things simple (think a little black dress or a pair of perfectly-worn-in blue jeans and a white button-down shirt), with very few bells and whistles, and you want an effortless makeup routine to match. Lipstick trends, like almost-black lips, simply aren’t your cup of tea. Which is why L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Am Worth It, the cornerstone of this classic makeup look, is perfect for you: It transcends trends, plus it’s incredibly easy to wear (even if you’re not an experienced lipstick user). I Am Worth It is a classic deep crimson that gives lips a lovely berry-stained effect, and it feels like you’re wearing absolutely nothing at all because every L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick is twice as light as regular lipstick.
When it comes to achieving a classic beauty look, timeless style icons like Audrey Hepburn and Brigitte Bardot are an endless source of inspiration. Hepburn and Bardot were all about makeup that enhanced their natural beauty: polished brows, defined lashes and subtle lips, plus flawless close-up-ready complexions, of course. A similar lip look, one that stands the test of time, is what you aspire to.
From fresh foundation to the perfect red lipstick, read on to find out how you can achieve this classic makeup look in eight easy steps.
- Start with the perfect canvas: Apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24H Fresh Wear Foundation all over your face to even out your skin tone. You can keep building this liquid foundation until you achieve your desired amount of coverage (and it will still feel ultra-light!).
- Erase imperfections and dark undereye circles with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Full Wear Concealer. An extra-large applicator makes this concealer a breeze to apply, and its highly pigmented formula means your face will look truly flawless. Say goodbye to every unwanted scar, sun spot and pimple.
- A clean, classic look means choosing a natural, earthy hue for your eyes. (Lilac, blue and silver need not apply.) Use a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply L’Oréal Paris Infallible 24HR Eyeshadow in Iced Latte all over your lids.
- Add definition to your lashes with L’Oréal Paris Unlimited Mascara. This unique wand can be used straight or bent to lengthen and lift lashes. Plus, the tapered brush makes it easier to access those little lower lashes. When your mascara is this good, you don’t need much other eye makeup. A swipe of shadow, a swipe of mascara and you’re done.
- Frame your face by giving your brows a neat, groomed appearance with L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Boost & Set. Use the applicator to brush hairs upward to create a feathered effect.
- For a soft, healthy-looking flush, apply L’Oréal Paris True Match Blush in Subtle Sable to the apples of your cheeks.
- Make your cheekbones pop by dabbing on some subtle shimmer with L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion in Fair Glow. Need an extra boost? You can also apply Lumi Glotion under your fave foundation for an all-over glow instead of a
- Last, but certainly not least, complete your classic makeup with a swipe of red lipstick. If you’re searching for an easy-to-apply formula that goes the distance, look no further than L’Oréal Paris Rouge Signature Lipstick in I Am Worth It. A handy precision applicator means you don’t even need a separate liner to define your lips and shape your Cupid’s Bonus: This lipstick is so lightweight, you’ll forget you’re even wearing it! No fuss, no mess, just fabulous lips that last from morning coffee to after-work drinks.
More Makeup Tips
More Makeup Tips
Trending Now: Power Lips
A Guide to the Perfect Red Lipstick for Every Event
Trending Now: How to Pull Off Orange Lipstick