Between hustling to make breakfast, squeezing in a spin class and everything else that comes with a busy morning before heading into the office, doing your hair can often fall by the wayside. We get it: The struggle is real! Some days, a spritz of dry shampoo to sop up that post-spin-class sweat or a basic topknot simply won’t cut it. Maybe you have an important meeting that you’re leading or a friend’s birthday bash to attend after work. Whatever the occasion, it’s going to require some effort, but that doesn’t mean you need to overhaul your entire morning routine to make it happen.
If you don’t have hours to spend on your hair (who does?!), we’ve created the perfect hair hack for a party-worthy hairstyle. Not dexterous? No problem. The tiniest bit of effort and some planning can go a long way—plus, following our easy steps will get you there. Our L’Oréal Paris hair team took inspiration from the red carpet to create this sleek party hairstyle. Whether your hair is stick-straight or you’re rocking a full head of curls, there are options to recreate this style. Here are the steps to follow to zhuzh your hair before hitting happy hour.
An artist is only as good as their tools, so make sure you have the right (read “best”) tools on hand to achieve this sleek wavy hairstyle.
L’Oréal Paris Stylista #Beachwaves Texturizing Mist : Sure, you can get curls without using a texturizing mist, but using one not only protects your hair from heat damage but also bestows it with perfectly tousled beachy waves, with or without heat. This salt spray is silicone-free and delivers 24 hours of windswept waves with a side of major body.
One-inch curling iron: Curling irons come in a variety of barrel sizes, but a one-inch works best for most textures and lengths. Look for materials such as ceramic and tourmaline; these versions heat up fast and conduct heat evenly.
Comb: A skinny comb with a tail can help you create the perfect hair part.
Bobby pins or barrettes: For a sleek, minimalist look (as seen in our video), keep things unfussy with bobby pins that match your hair colour for a seamless and secure hold. If you want to up the fancy factor, dip into the buzziest accessory of the moment: barrettes. Whether it’s a subtle French-girl barrette complete with pearls or a slim and sleek metallic fastener, it will read as ’90s perfection.
L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray: If you’re looking for a hair fix you can trust, you can’t go wrong with this iconic hairspray. It uses micro-diffusion technology so hair never feels crunchy or gets stuck together.
Get the look: Sleek, face-framing waves
Follow our simple steps to master this easy—but majorly glamorous—hair hack.
- Bad news: No one just wakes up with perfectly tousled beach waves. The next best thing? A texturizing spray. We can’t get enough of L’Oréal Paris #Beachwaves Texturizing Spray. Spritz on a light mist of this texturizing spray to add a little bit of grit and volume to end of day limp locks.
- If your hair texture is poker-straight or your waves don’t have even definition, use a one-inch curling iron to give your hair consistent waves throughout which will add extra oomph to your strands.
- Using a tail comb, create a dramatic centre part. For a perfect line, press the point of the tail comb onto your head as you create the part. Next, take two-inch sections of hair on each side of the part and spray with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray.
- One at a time, secure the sections of hair with a bobby pin, placing it directly above the ears. The bobby pin seems like a pretty straightforward tool—you just pop it in and go, right? Not so fast. When you slide the bobby pin into your hair, the wavy side should be against your scalp; it will grip better and stay in place.
- Secure the part and the rest of your hair with a light spray of L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray.