Your make-up routine probably starts with foundation. It is, as the name suggests, an integral building block to any make-up routine, but not every day needs to be a full-coverage affair. In fact, opting to forgo foundation is a great low-maintenance way to embrace a more easy and natural make-up look—not to mention it will save you some time in the morning. Plus, getting into a great skin-care routine to improve your complexion without make-up will only benefit your skin—and any future make-up application—in the long run. To start, let’s talk about helping your skin with some essential items like L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Kiwi Scrub for Oily Skin to get it looking its best so you can rock your no-foundation face.
A few reasons why you might want to go with a no-foundation make-up look
• You’re low on time in the morning
• You won’t have an opportunity to touch up your skin during the day
• You want to embrace a more natural, ‘no make-up’ look
• You are going to be doing activities that might ruin your coverage
Prep the right way with these steps and best skincare products to really make sure you’re feeling great about your makeup-free look. Even though going without foundation can be liberating, it’s still important to keep your skin looking and feeling happy and healthy—which often takes more than just soap and water.
Get a smooth makeup-free look thanks to a face scrub
Cleansing is a must, but to make sure your skin is silky smooth, the best skin care includes a scrub in your morning routine as well. L’Oréal Paris’s Pure-Sugar Scrubs include natural sugars and cocoa butter to slough off dead skin cells while you’re adding an extra dose of hydration, so it will give you a natural look without any foundation. They are one of those skin products that you shouldn’t leave out of your skincare routine. Plus, with three options, you can pick one that perfectly pairs with your skin type.
• Try this face scrub for oily-skin sufferers and those prone to breakouts: L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Kiwi Scrub for Oily Skin. Kiwi seeds help lift away dirt and manage congestion while pores are left clear and refined thanks to this triple-sugar formula.
• If you're looking for a face scrub for dry skin, try L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Cocoa Scrub for Dry Skin. Flaky or tight skin is often a sign that you might be dry, so a scrub with coconut oil and cocoa butter helps to smooth and hydrate at the same time to achieve that perfect natural look.
• If you want a face scrub for combination skin instead, try L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Scrub for Dull Skin. With acai, grapeseed and monoi oils, this scrub buffs away dead skin to reveal a brighter complexion, all the while helping to rebalance your complexion, so you’ll be able to foundation free.
• If your rough skin desperately needs a makeover, L’Oréal Paris Pure-Sugar Coffee Scrub for Rough Skin with finely ground Kona coffee, sweet almond oil and coconut oil will visibly improve your face’s texture and reveal skin that feels re-energized, glowy and baby-soft to the touch.
Must-have for perfect skin: micellar water
This product is perfect for prepping the skin or to use as a second cleanse—just to make sure that your skin is really free of lingering dirt, make-up or grime. L’Oréal Paris Micellar Water Complete Cleanser will gently remove dirt, grime and make-up, prepping it for the next step of your skincare and make-up routines. This cleansing milk contains rose and jasmine extracts to soothe skin while gently removing any build-up on your skin without drying out your complexion. It’s gentle and effective—the perfect prep for your foundation-free day.
Skin treatments for a perfect skin: SPF always
Your morning skincare routine should always include SPF, which is why the best face cream includes sun protection—especially if you tend to forget to apply sunscreen. While L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming SPF 25 Day Lotion keeps you protected from the sun, it also treats signs of aging and adds an extra dose of hydration—basically, it works almost as hard as you do. The best skincare products are multi-purpose.
Glowing, perfect skin: grab a highlighting lotion
While going for a no-foundation make-up look can be liberating, grabbing a highlighter can make a world of difference. The best skincare routine includes a moisturizing illuminator like L’Oréal Paris True Match Lumi Glotion, which will give you a touch of tint to enhance your natural complexion. Think a healthy and bright face without any full-coverage foundation—it’s so much more than just a face cream.