Sorry, you must log in to save an item.
THESE GENIUS TIPS MAKE MANAGING YOUR GREYS BETWEEN COLOURING SESSIONS SO MUCH EASIER.
One day you’re just living your life and the next—BAM!—a grey hair pops up out of nowhere. While we’re all about embracing natural (or unnatural) grey, we get that sporting the silver fox look may not be for everyone. Some people don’t want to go to a salon to get their greys professionally touched up; nor do they want to dye their whole head at home.
Luckily, there are lots of other options that are easy and won’t break the bank. So whether you want to stretch the time between salon colourings, don’t have enough silver hairs to dye your whole head quite yet or just don’t have the time right now, these 11 do-it-yourself tricks will make managing your greys way easier.
1) SPRAY IT ON. If your grown-out roots are starting to resemble the ombré colour job you never ask for, opt for spray concealer like L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Cover Up Not only does its ammonia-free formula instantly hide unwanted hair growth without leaving a sticky residue but it comes in a range of shades so you’re left with a blended, natural finish. Expert tip: Mist on some L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray to keep any colour from transferring.
2) ACCESSORIZE. Stealth accessories—a sleek barrette, a pretty bow or an embellished pin—are not only instant upgrades to your regular ’do but they also offer a welcome diversion from whatever is happening with your roots. Not to mention, a more-is-more aesthetic is pure Insta-bait. (Twinkling tiara, anyone?) If you’re looking for complete coverage, try wrapping a silk scarf around your head (so Parisienne) or wearing a face-framing headband. When in doubt, beauties, distract.
3) COLOUR THEM IN. Looking for a super-quick fix? Enter L’Oréal Paris Magic Root Precision . With this magic, mess-free wand, you can stroke away stray greys in seconds. Just open the applicator and brush on where needed. Slip it into your tote for easy touch-ups. Best of all, it comes in eight shades, making it perfect for practically all hair colours.
4) CHANGE YOUR PART. Did you know that parting your hair the same way every day can cause the area to flatten, which, in turn, makes those silvers on that side that much more noticeable? By simply flipping your part to the opposite side, the regrowth will be less prominent. Bonus: You’ll get a boost of volume on top.
5) PUMP UP THE VOLUME. Fun fact: A bit of volume at the crown can do wonders for camouflaging strays. To get an extra lift, apply a volumizing mousse L’Oréal Paris Elnett Creme to damp roots and use a comb or brush to tease the roots up and down while drying them with hot air.
6) TRY A BRAID. A playful plait, a French twist or pretty much any other updo will pull any problematic greys away from your face and blend them in with the rest of your hair.
7) ADD SOME TEXTURE. While super-sleek strands only help emphasize overgrown roots, tousled, sea-kissed-style waves offer the perfect disguise. Add some windswept body and volume with a medium-sized curling iron and a liberal misting of L’Oréal Paris Stylista #Beachwaves Texturizing Mist throughout.
8) USE DRY SHAMPOO. Speaking of texture, you can achieve a similar effect with dry shampoo. Try L’Oréal Paris Magic Invisible Dry Shampoo to tone down the appearance of roots by adding volume and body.
9) GO LIGHTER. It may seem counterintuitive, but most colourists agree that adding lighter highlights is the best way to blend your roots, especially if you plan on eventually transitioning to full-on grey. Think of Helen Mirren; is she grey or is she blond? Who cares? Strategically placed highlights, or trying a balayage technique, act as a low-key camouflage for your silver strands. Plus, the multiple shades and dimension can add warmth and radiance to your face while allowing you to target areas where greys tend to pop up, like your hairline, the crown of your head and along your part.
10) TOUCH THEM UP.
For seamless grey root touch-ups, try L’Oréal Paris Root Rescue, which has a built-in applicator tool for precise coverage. It only takes 10 minutes to process, the colour lasts up to three weeks and it’s available in eight shades, making it pretty much the holy grail of quick root coverage. Just remember, covered roots are happy roots.
11) APPLY MAKEUP. Finally, if you’re experiencing an on-the-go grey hair emergency and need to touch up trouble spots in a pinch, turn to a trusty eyeshadow palette like L’Oréal Paris Paradise Enchanted Eyeshadow Palette to customize your shade for a blended natural finish. As the saying goes, “Fake it ’til you make it!”
Get the look: Summer’s coolest festival hair is tinted Rose Gold. Summer is the season of music festivals, so what better time to try out some fun festival looks? Rose gold is the colour of choice, so check out this hairstyle step-by-step to recreate the look at home!
You have just asked to unsubscribe to our newsletter
on the follow email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To confirm, please click on ‘unsubscribe’ link