Before You Colour
- Do a skin allergy test by cleansing a quarter sized area of skin in the bend of your elbow. Using a plastic utensil, mix a small amount of the formula and apply a small portion of it to your skin.
- Do not wash test area for 48 hours to see if reaction occurs. If there is any irritation call a doctor before colouring your hair.
- Do a strand test by applying colour to a small section of hair before covering your whole head. This will give you an idea of how long to keep the colour mixture on in order to achieve your desired results and gives you a nice preview of what your hair will look like.
Put on gloves and remove cap from Multi-Tonal Crème Developer (bottle 1A).
Pierce opening of Gel Crème Colour Base (Tube 1B) and squeeze entire contents of tube into bottle 1A.
Replace flat cap on Developer bottle (1A). Shake well until contents are thoroughly mixed. Remove flat cap immediately.
Twist off the tip of applicator cap and place on developer bottle (1A).
All-Over Colour Application
Choose All Over Colour Application if:
- It is your first time with Couleur Experte®.
- You want to change your haircolour.
- You haven't coloured in 3 months or longer.
Apply all-over colour (bottle 1A) on dry, unwashed hair.
Saturate your hair and pile hair loosely on top of your head.
Leave on for 25 minutes. For resistant grays, leave on for 35 minutes.
When time is up, add a bit of warm water and work into a lather.
Rinse until water runs clear. If colour gets in eyes, quickly rinse with cool water. Towel dry.
Toss out any unused colour.
Saturate your hair with your regular conditioner. Leave on for 2 minutes and rinse. Dry your hair into your usual style.
Touch Up Application
Choose a Touch Up Application if:
You colour every 4 to 6 weeks with the same shade.
Use applicator tip to part hair and reach roots. Apply a portion of colour to new growth at the roots until roots are completely saturated.
Leave on new growth area for 20 minutes. If you have resistant gray, give it an additional 10 minutes—30 minutes total at the roots.
Work remaining colour through the lengths and ends of hair and wait 5 more minutes.
Follow directions for All-Over Colour Application.
For better results, dry your hair into your usual style before highlighting. If you prefer to highlight on damp hair, comb towel-dried hair into your usual style.
Put on the fresh pair of gloves provided.
Pour entire contents of Illuminating Crème Developer (bottle 2A) into the mixing well in Tray 2. Add Illuminating Powder (Packet 2B) to the mix. Thoroughly blend with the Spatula until the mixture turns into a cake-frosting texture without lumps (about 2 minutes).